Monday, July 30, 2007

X-Men: First Class #2

One-sentence summary: More fun, but this time with some continuity, from X-Men: First Class.

I love this series. This isn't the best book from it, but it's still a far cry better than most the X-books out there. I have a real soft spot in my heart for the fun books, but this one is particularly well-done. I'm almost glad they didn't put this in the Marvel Adventures category, though it really is where it fits, because it opens it up to a wider audience (and maybe that was their intention).

I like seeing this sort of story. Still very fun, but it's pushing the boundaries on what the First Class heroes have accomplished so far, and that's ok. It's still an excellent comic, fun, monster-filled, and action-y. Yeah, I said action-y. Also, evil butterflies! And hearing about Robbie's nightmares was pretty hilarious. A good book where all the elements mesh together very well.

No comments: