Monday, July 30, 2007

Green Lantern Corps #14

One-sentence summary: More Sinestro Corps goodness as this epic-sized callback to an old Alan Moore story continues.

I loved the Sinestro Corps special. Loved. That the two last installments of the saga haven't created the same enthusiasm in me doesn't really speak badly of them, it just shows how good the start was. All the same, this is a good issue, with action and some plot development, as well as an amazing end that has me hyped up for the next issue. I think the writing team is doing a good job of revving things back from the initial special in order to build some tension and suspense, and I think it's going to pay off before the summer's over.

This issue showed a bit of Sinestro outside the action, which was nice, as well as more of the Green Lanterns themselves regrouping and preparing for the retaliation. They've collected themselves now and are striking back. Awesome.

This is just a good series. I was liking Green Lantern Corps before the Sinestro Corps saga started, and now it's just that much more incentive to read. Great job to Geoff Johns and Dave Gibbons on their work here.

No comments: