Monday, July 23, 2007

Amazons Attack #4 (of 6)

One-sentence summary: Another issue of Amazons Attack offers more of the same, though the plot does move along well.

I think I'm getting Event-Burnout, to some degree. No, I guess I take that back; I'm getting Amazons Attack/World War Hulk burnout. For Amazons Attack, my main complaint with it is just that, well, it didn't get my interest. I'm the sort of guy who reads every single mainstream comic so, really, if you can't get my interest there's something supremely wrong. I think it's because the event seemed so forced -- you have these gigantic, horrifying things happening with no effects in other, non-tie-in books, and it came with no build-up. Just seemed hastily put-together to me.

I will say, the plot moves along quite well in this issue. I will say the biggest revelation in the book was almost missed by me, just due to no real details around it. But, the book moves the story along, which is nice to see, and the art's all fine. I'm by no stretch warming up to the previous issues of Amazons Attack, but this one has made me slightly more curious to see how they'll deal with the aftermath. Will there be actual changes in the DCU due to this? Will this at least seriously affect Wonder Woman's future? Who knows, but Amazons Attack looks to be wrapping up in a better way than it began, at least.

No comments: