Thursday, July 26, 2007

Countdown #40

One-sentence summary: More storylines barely progress, but, in total, a fair amount of plot occurs.

See, this is what happens every time I read an issue of Countdown: I get to the last page and my brain thinks "Surely this can't be the last page already!" It's not even that there's not enough going on; it's just that every individual storyline only progresses a teeny bit each issue, but the actual progression is decent.

Anywho, this issue. Nothing particularly bugged me in it, and I was glad to see the newcomer to the Rogues story. Also, the fight scene with Donna and Jason was fun, and it was nice to see some solid action in this. Zatanna was a nice surprise -- I like her, so I hope she's around for a couple more issues, hah. Also, it was nice to finally see Apokolips, since it's supposed to be the focal point of all this.

Pretty decent issue, really. Things are starting to fall into place well.

No comments: