Monday, July 30, 2007

Iron Man #20

One-sentence summary: An alright World War Hulk tie-in.

This issue was better than the last, but still not great. We get very little of Iron Man or Tony Stark, but we do learn Tony's back-up plan in this issue, which I'm sure will come back in later issues of World War Hulk. In fact, I'm so certain of this that I'm sure that that important plot point will be rehashed in a main WWH title, or prove to be completely unimportant. At best, it will come back later in Iron Man as an important point against/for Tony Stark as the head of SHIELD, though I do think it'll be back later in WWH.

This wasn't too bad of an issue. I don't like how every other storyline in Iron Man has come to a grinding halt for WWH. That's not even good business; new readers to Iron Man, reading for WWH, now have no incentive to keep buying the book after WWH peters out/ends. Just my thought. Anywho, it's ok for a tie-in, but it's nothing else.

2 comments:

Kyle Latino said...

Ironman is my newest favorite super villain. It slightly annoys me that his story is being interrupted by the newest mega-event, but it also gave us another glimpse into his evil mind by showing the back up plan. One thing is for sure, Ironman is the only super villain that loves you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.