Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cable Deadpool #43

One-sentence summary: Cable/Deadpool is back to being funny with this installment bringing back wave after wave of really immature jokes, as well as a character from Deadpool's past.

This was my favorite issue of Cable/Deadpool in a little while. We're back to Bob from Hydra, Deadpool, Agent X, and even Weasel. I love the fact that they use Deadpool's team-crush on the X-Men as a motivating factor. And the immature sex jokes? I loved each and every one of them (all night long?).

This was a good issue. The art worked for what you have, the end was hilarious, the dialogue was back to being moderately sparkling, and, in general, I haven't enjoyed an issue of this as much in a little while. I think one of my favorite moments is at the very front where Bob can't figure out how to correctly break the fourth wall -- just awesome.

No comments: