Friday, July 20, 2007

Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears #6 (of 6)

One-sentence summary: What a horrifyingly depressing end to an already dark and broody story.

I don't know what to say about this one. I'm tired of giving bad reviews to these comics, but I just didn't enjoy a single bit of Trail of Tears. For one, on a monthly basis, there were an awful lot of names to remember as most the art was so dark (literally, in this case) that I couldn't actually pick out faces to remember characters by.

I don't have much to say about this comic that isn't expressed by simply saying it was too dark, too depressing, and too long. Garth Ennis disappointed with this one, his usual mixture of dark comedy with a darker undercurrent gives way entirely to the undercurrent. I couldn't recommend this title to anyone.

No comments: