Thursday, July 26, 2007

Annhilation Conquest -- Starlord #1 (of 4)

One-sentence summary: Beginning with the recent history of Starlord, this book lays out the foundation for the Dirty Dozen-esque sci-fi story set in the Annhilation arc.

I do have a soft spot for the Annhilation stuff, so that should be kept in mind. I liked this issue. I thought the art was a bit weird for the setting, but it wasn't bad, and so far it's worked alright. The story is pretty basic, but that's not a bad thing, really, just means it won't be breaking literary ground (which I wasn't expecting anyway). The dialogue's been fun so far, and the characters are certainly interesting. I'm not sure what to think of the return of Rocket Raccoon, but I'm pretty sure I'm happy about it. In general, this looks like it will be the fun Annhilation side-story, but that could rapidly change -- we'll just have to wait to see what they have in store for the characters.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this story. With fun dialogue, interesting characters, a solid story (so far), and a setting I've thoroughly enjoyed over the last year, I'm looking forward to the rest of the Starlord series.

No comments: