Monday, July 23, 2007

Black Canary #2 (of 4)

One-sentence summary: Black Canary's mini-series is better than I expected, and is generally pretty decent.

I'll admit: I'm liking this book so far. Maybe I'm softening with age or something, but I find Sin's occasional cuteness, well, fun. Followed by her hideous bursts of violence, well, that's what makes it a comic book. The art works for this title, and the story is crisp and fairly sensible. No great lengths are being taken so that what's going on is reasonable; rather, it's pretty easy to see a longtime Green Arrow foe taking advantage of this situation, as it gives him an opportunity to hurt Green Arrow while taking advantage that he's in close proximity to a person of large importance to the assassin community.

It helps that they're pushing this book out once per every two weeks. A story like this might lose momentum with a month's wait (maybe), but as is is pretty brisk and enjoyable.

I'm not a long-time Black Canary/Green Arrow fan, so maybe there are some greivous character errors happening here, but as far as I'm concerned it's all good. I generally like this title, if not that enthusiastically. Good job, comic book.

No comments: