Friday, July 20, 2007

Catwoman #69

One-sentence summary: An Amazon Attacks tie-in -- woo...

I guess this is all biased because I'm just not into the Amazons Attack stuff, but I really didn't care much for this issue. Nothing was that bad about it; just very neutral.

I did like seeing Selina's bad side a little more than we normally do, as the book seems to want her to be a hero more than an anti-hero, but that's a personal preference of mine I suppose.

It seems to me everything having to do with Amazons Attack has a sort of weaksauce story (yes, I said weaksauce -- thanks Dino Comics). Here the second act (stop the evil Amazons with the bomb!) has almost no correlation with the plan of the first act (infiltrate the Amazons to stop them). It's like the writer knew what he wanted to happen in both acts, but just couldn't think of any really good ways to connect them, so just, well, slapped some stuff down and called it a day.

I hate to be so negative, but, yeah, this wasn't very good. It wasn't awful, but I wouldn't recommend the title to anyone.

No comments: