Friday, August 3, 2007

Uncanny X-Men #489

One-sentence summary: This mediocre storyline about the Morlocks plods on.

I like Brubaker normally, but I'm just not feeling this story at all. I really don't have a lot of critique or anything; it's just plain not very good. Sometimes you're reading something and it's laughably bad, but here it's just not enjoyable. The storyline didn't really go anywhere here, the only action occurred off-panel, and I care about none of the characters more or less than I did.

As an aside, I found the use of actual photographs in a comic book sort of unsettling (the big one was the TV screen near the beginning). It looks too out of place.

There really aren't too many X-Men titles I'm enjoying right now, and this isn't one of them. Hopefully once this ugly storyline's over things might pick up.

No comments: