Friday, August 3, 2007

Thor #2

One-sentence summary: Thor's new book continues to be interesting, though these last two issues have really just served as a prologue (though a cool one).

I'm liking this new Thor. Straczynski is using his ability to make any character broody and detached for good here, as it works pretty well for Thor to seem detached from the world of man. I also like the new look for Thor; classic, but it has been changed a little. The chain mail's a nice touch.

I think Straczynski's the right guy to go about restoring Thor to the Marvel universe as something different than the average superhero. I mean, he is a god after all; his stories need to be different than "beats the Absorbing Man again."

Though nothing action-packed happened in this issue, cool things did happen; for one thing, we saw him summon Asgard in a patch of Oklahoma he bought for a deal of "all the gold you can carry." I'm looking forward to the next issue, as it looks like more action will be happening than in this one, and I'm hoping that this search for the gods arc goes well. I think it will.

1 comment:

Kyle Latino said...

I can't wait to see my new favorite super villain in THOR. His ass is going to get handed to him, but it's okay, 'cause it's Thor. Woo!