Friday, August 3, 2007

Punisher #50

One-sentence summary: Barracuda's back in this bloody start of what could be a great Punisher run.

I think Ennis's Punisher is hit-or-miss, sometimes even issue to issue, let alone story to story. The last story arc I wasn't a huge fan of, as it really seemed stretched, but the one before that was good. I guess it just varies.

This, though, looks like it could be great. You have Barracuda, who's quickly becoming a surprisingly cool and resourceful villain, and a last page reveal that's actually important to Punisher. Overall, this looks like it could be a really good story, and the art all fits Punisher very well. Ennis does a good job writing the Baracuda as this crafty, ruthless man, willing to kill dozens of people to lure the Punisher out.

Great action in this, some emotions from the protagonist for once, a good villain, and an interesting twist; all of this could lead to a pretty good comic. I'd keep my eye on this story arc.

No comments: