Thursday, August 2, 2007

Detective Comics #835

One-sentence summary: A decent Scarecrow story, adding a bit more fear back into the villain who's entirely based around it.

This was, in it of itself, a pretty good issue as it really did leave me wondering how Scarecrow's doing what he's doing. However, this is a risky story; by having Scarecrow raised to this magnitude of a villain, the writer better have a good explanation for it. If the explanation for all of it is that "He can be very scary if he wants to be," then the story falls into the realm of ridiculous. I'm also not a big fan of the fact that Batman's suddenly losing his cool. What makes him Batman is that he doesn't lose his cool; but, that's ok.

It's really a fairly thrilling story for a comic. I do want to know what happens next; however, I can also see this being a let-down. I'll stay optimistic, though, and hope that this two-issue filler will have a nice ending; it had a pretty decent opening.

No comments: