Thursday, August 2, 2007

Action Comics #853

One-sentence summary: What I thought was just a Countdown tie-in has proven to be a pretty decent story starring Jimmy Olsen.

I thought this was pretty good. The fight between Jimmy, who's desperately trying to figure out his powers, and the Kryptonite Man was pretty hilarious, with Jimmy's absolutely terrible bantering and muttering. The end reveal is definitely awesome, so I won't ruin that. I haven't read much with Kryptonite Man, but I'm really liking his attitude.

This was a pretty good Superman story. Really, this was (outside of All-Star) one of the best Superman stories I've read in awhile. Busiek has a real talent for writing Kryptonite Man as an enjoyable villain, and I like the furthering of the mystery of Jimmy's powers. The issue has done a good job in not only giving me a story I enjoyed reading, but also has made me more curious about the Jimmy Olsen storyline which I'll assume will mostly take place in Countdown. In any case, it was a good comic.

No comments: