Thursday, August 2, 2007

Justice Society of America #8

One-sentence summary: While I like JSA, this is a rather plain one-shot that has a major plot point which makes no sense to me.

This wasn't that bad of an issue, it just wasn't that interesting. I did like the flashbacks to Liberty Belle's upbringing and growth as a hero, and I liked the idea of Johnny Quick as a nut. My main beef, besides it being a one-shot, was that I can't imagine the JSA being so curmudgeonly to a police force that's just doing their job. I realize that, as a one-shot, it's unlikely to have many lasting effects outside this issue, but the actions of Damage were seriously wrong. If there's no follow-up on that, then this issue really should have been looked over more. That is what editors are for; perhaps DC needs more editors who do their jobs beyond just making sure certain characters die?

The art was fine in this issue, and I really did like knowing a bit more about Liberty Belle, as I really didn't know her prior to this issue. So it wasn't like this issue was all negative -- it's just that the negative was about the main plot of the issue, so it gets highlighted. Still, I like JSA, and I'm excited over this next story arc, which promises to be pretty great. This is just a rather forgettable issue of a good series.

No comments: