Friday, August 3, 2007

She-Hulk #20

One-sentence summary: The big wrap-up for the last twenty issues of She-Hulk, it doesn't disappoint with plenty of self-referential jokes and general goofiness, as well as an excellent job of wrapping up loose ends.

Really, this issue does such a remarkable job wrapping up every loose end that you can tell that Slott isn't just a huge comic book fan (which the subject matter of She-Hulk really should've clued you onto), but also knows their weaknesses well too and avoids those mistakes. It makes me wonder how he would do on a more serious title; I hope I see more of his stuff soon.

But, back to She-Hulk. It's been a good run, but it's almost over. We hear in this how She-Hulk defended the Marvel universe from annhilation over the Ultimate due to the fact that the Marvel is "fun." Also, honestly, I think I would probably buy a book that was just Stu's adventures across the Marvel universe, desperately trying to avoid comic book characters.

This was a good issue. It'll be sad to see She-Hulk move on, but I accept it and I'm sure that a more serious take on the character could be nice too. We still have one more issue left, though I don't know what else they have to do. Also, I love the last panel reveal on this, and truly hope that that's all that's ever said about it.

No comments: