Thursday, July 17, 2008

Omega the Unknown #10 (of 10)

One-sentence summary: This was a quiet epilogue to a great series.

I really appreciated Marvel for giving 10 issues to Omega the Unknown. It's such a bizarre title to publish under your main imprint. That being said, I really ended up liking this. The art fit the story, and the characters are fairly realistic in that there are few black-and-white, good-and-evil types. Characters are neurotic, needy, narcissistic, greedy, etc. In addition to that, it was a far more complex story than the average superhero tale, and less obviously told. Due to that, yes, it's a bit more of a challenge to read, particularly in month-separated chapters. That month-separation also makes this epilogue a bit of a let-down; I waited this whole last month just to learn the main bulk of the story ended last month.

However, I can't blame the story for that. The story flows perfectly well as is, and I absolutely can't wait for the trade of this. This has been one of my favorites from the last month, and I can only hope Marvel dares to do things like this more often.

No comments: