Monday, July 14, 2008

Final Crisis (#1-2)

One-Sentence-Word Summary: Crazy!

I think that sums it all up. I mean, I like it, but it really is a very intense, jumpy comic. The way the comic's set up is supposed to put you in the mindset of the heroes -- confused, bewildered, a little scared. There's characters gruesomely dropping left and right, and we barely have time to react.

This isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. That's ok, too. I think it's worth trying out, but some people are simply not going to like this. Does that mean it's bad? No -- if you're doing a comic no one dislikes, it means that it's most comfortable, per-par comic imaginable.

I'm not going to talk about Final Crisis much, mostly because every detail should be experienced in the comic, not ruined by a review. Just dive in -- it's worth it.

No comments: