Saturday, October 13, 2007

Green Lantern #24

One-sentence summary: Part 8 of the Sinestro Corps War is here, with plenty of action and plot progression.

I've been a big fan of the Sinestro Corps War since it started, so it's no surprise I've continued to enjoy it. I really think the overall plot has been really well paced, with a good presentation of the major battles as well as a series of important plot twists, each one impacting the story in a large way. For that alone I'd like this story-arc in comparison to some of the other major stories going on out there, but in addition to this we have good writing for the characters and just enough small touches to keep the book grounded (I'm, in particular, thinking of the Michigan emblem on Guy's power lantern).

The art continues to be good for the book. It's nothing I'll write fan letters over, but it does a good job of helping tell the story. The lanterns soaring through the air during the battles is always nice.

This story is being keyed up to what should be a pretty incredible conclusion. This is definitely a quality title, and I look forward to each new progression every two weeks.

No comments: