Saturday, October 13, 2007

Black Adam: The Dark Age #3 (of 8)

One-sentence summary: Black Adam's series detailing his quest for his power and for Isis' resurrection continues here with a battle with Hawkman and a gathering of power against Adam.

I was pretty excited for the Black Adam mini-series, and while it hasn't quite lived up to my expectations, it certainly hasn't been too bad. This issue delivered with a mild amount of story, but mostly served to set up for what I imagine will be the rest of the series. We see the first open confrontation between Black Adam and another metahuman, thus revealing his return to the metahuman community, as well as his attempted use of the Lazarus Pit last issue not going unnoticed.

What I like about this story is that Black Adam is really being considered a major-level threat by many sides -- it really will end up being him against the world. It's an ambitious set-up for a mini-series, but I have faith that it can be lead to a good conclusion.

The art for this series is always just fine. I'm never blown away by it, but it does a better than average job of detailing the characters in a realistic fashion.

Overall, this was a pretty good issue, definitely leading me to look forward to the future issues of this series.

No comments: